- CEELBAS Call For International Research Visits, Knowledge Exchange Workshops And Research Network Workshops December 2015 - January 2016
- Doctoral Studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages & Culture 2016
- Podcast: Prof. Anne Pauwels on teaching less widely-taught languages at university
Doctoral Studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages & Culture
The University of Cambridge
The University of Manchester
The University of Oxford
University College London
AHRC studentships are awarded annually to support doctoral research in the field of Russian, Slavonic and East European languages and culture at UCL, Cambridge, Manchester and Oxford.
The 2015/16 application window opens on 2 November 2015.
The CEELBAS application deadline is 1 March 2016.
How to apply
applications should be accompanied by a Research Proposal of up to 1,500 words.
The quality of the Research Proposal is a key part of the assessment criteria.
All applications should be accompanied by transcripts of results for completed undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
How to submit your application
Completed Application Forms and accompanying Research Proposals and transcripts of results should be submitted by e-mail to the CEELBAS Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries relating to the Application Form and applications process for
CEELBAS Studentships should be addressed to the CEELBAS Administrator: email@example.com / 020 7679
To be eligible to apply for a CEELBAS Studentship, you must have already received an offer of a place at one of the four consortium universities (UCL, Cambridge, Manchester, Oxford). You will need to take note of the closing date advertised by the relevant university for receipt of applications from candidates who wish to be considered for studentship funding:
Other Russian, Slavonic & East European Studies doctoral funding
1) at the CEELBAS CDT partner universities:
Humanities researchers whose research interests fall outside the remit of the CEELBAS CDT consortium are encouraged to explore studentship opportunities through the following AHRC Doctoral Training Partnerships:
- London Arts & Humanities Partnership (LAHP)
- Cambridge Doctoral Training Partnership
- North West Consortium
- University of Oxford AHRC
A number of opportunities for ESRC and Cross-Council Doctoral Research Studentships are also available:
- UCL ESRC Doctoral Training Centre - Interdisciplinary Area Studies Pathway
- UCL ESRC-AHRC interdisciplinary studentships
- University of Cambridge ESRC Doctoral Training Centre for the Social Sciences
- North-West ESRC Doctoral Training Centre - Language-Based Area Studies (Russian and East European Studies) Pathway at the University of Manchester
- University of Oxford Doctoral Training in the Social Sciences - Language-Based Area Studies Pathway
2) at other CEELBAS universities:
- Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies, University of Sheffield
- Centre for Russian and East European Studies, University of Birmingham