- 'Is Russia trying to revive the Soviet Union?' Watch Sir Roderic Lyne's lecture at UCL
- CEELBAS/openDemocracy Call for Proposals: Frontlines II: Religion, ethnicity and culture
- Call for Applications for CEELBAS funding: language projects, internships, research visits, overseas training grants
- Bringing Humanities Back: Studying Politics and Foreign Policy through Research in the Humanities and Popular Culture
- (POST)WAR COSMOPOLITANISM: Ideas of World Order from the Seven Years’ War to the Cold War
- (De)Constructing Utopia: Design in Eastern Europe from Thaw to Perestroika
- View all articles...
Doctoral Studentships in Russian, Slavonic & East European Languages & Culture
The University of Cambridge
The University of Manchester
The University of Oxford
University College London
Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) studentships are available through the CEELBAS Centre for Doctoral Training.
Studentships are awarded annually to support doctoral research in the field of Russian, Slavonic and East European languages and culture at UCL, Cambridge, Manchester and Oxford.
The 2014 application window has closed.
Other Russian, Slavonic & East European Studies Doctoral Funding
At the CEELBAS CDT partner universities:
Humanities researchers whose research interests fall outside the remit of the CEELBAS CDT consortium are encouraged to explore studentship opportunities through the following AHRC Doctoral Training Partnerships:
- London Arts & Humanities Partnership (LAHP)
- Cambridge Doctoral Training Partnership
- North West Consortium
- University of Oxford AHRC
A number of opportunities for ESRC and Cross-Council Doctoral Research Studentships are also available:
- UCL ESRC Doctoral Training Centre - Interdisciplinary Area Studies Pathway
- UCL ESRC-AHRC interdisciplinary studentships
- University of Cambridge ESRC Doctoral Training Centre for the Social Sciences
- North-West ESRC Doctoral Training Centre - Language-Based Area Studies (Russian and East European Studies) Pathway at the University of Manchester
- University of Oxford Doctoral Training in the Social Sciences - Language-Based Area Studies Pathway
At other CEELBAS universities:
- Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies, University of Sheffield
- Centre for Russian and East European Studies, University of Birmingham